Wednesday 25 November 2009

UK Winter Fuel Anomaly

1949 was quite a year – RCA perfected a system for broadcasting colour television, the first Polaroid camera was sold, as was the first commercially available computer, the Ferranti Mark1. China became a Communist state, and Russia officially had the nuclear bomb. Of course, there were happier events as well taking place, such as the births of over 700,000 babies, among them yours truly. Anyone with a liking for maths will have worked out that those of us who have survived until now will have reached the big 6-0. Great stuff! I had been looking forward for ages to getting my free bus allowance, and my winter fuel payment. I received my bus pass okay, but the Winter Fuel Payment is only given if you are 60 or over before ‘the qualifying week’ for the winter concerned. The qualifying week always begins on the third Monday of September. It is not given either to those who have the misfortune of being in hospital, during the qualifying week, and have been there for over a year, or to those who have the good fortune of being guests in one of Her Majesty’s penal establishments. As I was born in November (I celebrated my first Guy Fawkes bonfire when I was a day old), I obviously do not qualify to receive the above mentioned payment this year. Why is there this anomaly in the system? Are those of us born after the third Monday in September more hot blooded? I think not. It’s all to do with money; filthy lucre for the Government of the day. There are around 203,000 folk this year who are not eligible for the payment, which, at £250 per head, translates into £50,750,000 for the Treasury. That should be enough spare cash to install extra radiators in some MPs’ flats, or to heat their ducks’ pools.

On a happier note, I received an email from Chris Fox, well known and respected internet marketer, a couple of days ago, in which he gave me details of a free report entitled “Google Launch Grip”. It’s actually a fully blown system that you could start using TODAY! It’s available by clicking here

Quite POSSIBLY one of the SIMPLEST techniques I have ever come across to reach thousands of visitors.... you’re going to be amazed out how EASY this tactic is to implement...

No comments:

Post a Comment