Thursday 15 January 2009

Numbers, Odd and Sensible

I’ve always watched “Countdown” on Channel 4 whenever I’ve had the chance. Carol Vorderman was simply a whizzkid with the figures, and I was curious as to how the new girl, Oxford maths graduate Rachel Riley, would do this week.  It’s early days yet, and the jury’s still out.  I’m sure that she’d have managed to work out the following equation faster than I did, anyway. As there hasn’t been any solar power around for the past few days, I couldn’t use my calculator, so had to use a page of my precious A4 paper:--  111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

 

Still on numbers, but I think the following quote, told to me by a friend from Texas, is easier to take on board.
There's two theories to arguin' with a woman, but neither one works.”

No comments:

Post a Comment